Photography by Hailey King
Open your eyes to the beauty around you, open your mind to the wonders of life, open your heart to those who love you, and always be true to yourself.
– Maya Angelou
For the past 20 years I have been learning about and participating in a wide variety of somatic therapies. Living in a culture where we value the brain before all else, and I do love our brains, there is something we miss in our everyday lives when we don’t pay attention to our bodies sensations, intuition, strength, trust and emotions. I have found over the years this exploration of coming back home into my body to be messy, fun, playful, scary, hard, edgy, pleasurable and so much more. These experiences have created more spaciousness, love and deep appreciation for how we live in our bodies and the wisdom they hold.
When I am not in the office I love to read, create art, drink good coffee, walk and paddle board.
- Hakomi Psychotherapy Training Graduate, Hakomi Institute, Durango, CO 2012-2013
- Teacher’s Assistant, CST Certification Program, Beth Cachat, Brian Utting School of Massage, Seattle, WA 2003-2004
- Certified Craniosacral Therapist, Beth Cachat, Brian Utting School of Massage, Seattle, WA 2001-2002
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Lakeside School of Natural Therapeutics, Milwaukee, WI 1998-1999
- Craniosacral Therapy: Dr. Paul Lee, Upledger Institute, Etienne Peirsman, Dr. Bruno Ducoux, Beth Cachat Advanced Courses
- Embodying Anatomy, Teri Carter, Somatic Movement Arts
- Healing from the Core: Distance Healing Intensive, Suzanne Scurlock
- Resiliency After Trauma, Neurobiology for Post-Traumatic Growth Series, RubyJo Walker, LCSW
- Hakomi for Bodyworkers, Morgan Holford, Hakomi Institute
- Hakomi Psychotherapy Advanced Trainings, Morgan Holford & Lorena Monda, Hakomi Institute
- Energy Work, Diane Zumer
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Colorado, 2009-present
Contact Bethany for an appointment @ 970-946-9573 or email@example.com